Slowly but surely, everything is getting back to normal at Colney after bbq-gate last week, although City boss Peter Grant confirmed this morning that whilst the worst looks to have passed, he is not counting any chickens just yet.
Just when he thought he would have a near-enough fully-fit squad to choose from ? Darren Huckerby and Jimmy Smith apart ? ahead of Saturday's opener at Preston, the virus struck; timing of the very worst kind.
But whilst there is some soreness and tiredness in the camp after a gruelling 90 minutes at Deepdale, with City on the back foot for much of the game, he hopes that the ones bitten by the bug will be ready and raring to go come tomorrow night – where Barnet await in the Carling Cup 1st Round tie at Carrow Road.
“You hope it's all cleared now but it's difficult when you've had four or five days without eating or drinking, that is one of the problems you have, and the biggest problem I had was selecting the team,” said Grant.
“You could see in the game that we looked heavy legged, some of them couldn't get their legs going whatsoever but we dug in and got a point at what is a difficult place to go. It was a point won no doubt about that.
“The games are coming thick and fast now and there are a few we'll have to see about for tomorrow night. Some guys are playing catch up with games. That's why I said that what happened last week was the last thing we needed because half of them missed training.
“But there is not much you can do about it, the season is up and running now. We'll see the boys this morning in training and see where we go from there. A few of them didn't train yesterday but a lot of them did.
“We'll give everyone until the last minute. We'll see how they get on today and then I'll have to bring them in tomorrow morning, which I don't really like doing on the morning of a game but I'll have to do that.
“A few of them have a bit of soreness, the likes of Julien Brellier. He got through a big period for us and Darel Russell got through the 90 minutes but it's just a case of getting his legs going with having missed some of pre-season but he's fine.
“But some of the boys had what I would call a flu-ish affect, a tiredness about them, a weakness, but it was a hot day as well and that played a part. But psychologically it was good for the boys to get through it and hopefully we are on the road to recovery now.”
One player who will definitely not be fit to face the Bees is talisman Huckerby. His troublesome groin ? which saw him take no part in the Canaries' pre-season action ? is still not quite ready to be unleashed onto the Championship stage; he's close, but not quite close enough for Grant's liking.
“There has been an improvement with Hucks in that he is on the training field, working on his own, but he won't play tomorrow night,” the Scot added.
“Until he is 100%, no pain, and I've said this to him, he won't be training with us or playing games. It's as simple as that. He's a big player for us. But I'm not going to put his next few months in jeopardy.
“Yes, I want him to be part of the group but we can't take any risks. I think he had a similar situation two years ago where he continued playing with an injury and then he was ruled out for about six weeks and I just can't afford to take that risk.
“Groins are difficult. Some bodies recover quicker than others so we've put no timescale on it. Darren's game is all about that sharpness and quickness and that's how you end up with these sort of injuries, because you move your body so quickly.
“If he doesn't feel right he'll move a bit gingerly and that takes away a massive part of his game.”
Meanwhile, City chief Grant admitted that the search for incoming faces continues. Clearly not content with eight new bodies, he feels the squad is still a little short of where, in an ideal world, he wants it to be.
The defence ? as most Canary fans would tell you ? remains a cause for concern, as does the left-side of the field.
However, it could be a couple of weeks yet before we see any new arrivals. With Premiership clubs still finalising their squads ahead of the August 31st transfer deadline, they will want to leave any shipping out until the very last minute.
“I would like some more bodies in. We'll keep looking because I definitely do need a couple of extra players within the group to give us more strength if we get injuries.
“I want to bring boys in who are going to put major pressure on the boys already in. I don't want backup.
“We still feel we are a little short on the left-hand side of the pitch and maybe defensively we need a bit of cover as well.
“Hopefully, over the next couple of weeks clubs will be saying 'this one's available, that one's available'. Everybody wants to keep hold of the players at the moment but we're hoping that will change.
“Obviously I was interested in Ryan Shawcross. Manchester United gave us permission to speak to him but his family live near to Stoke and he is based around there so he has decided to join them.
“They could guarantee him a game as well but I'm not guaranteeing anyone a game here. I wouldn't even guarantee Ronaldinho a game here. You've got to earn your spurs like anyone else.”
Watch this space…